Saturday, April 1, 2017

Craftyscrappers Challenges...

Hi! We are back with our challenges on Craftyscrappers after a break. Our first challenge is an easy one - Anything Goes.

I used the stencils that came with my DT pack to create two cards. Stencils are part of the new release and let me tell you they are fabulous! They are sturdy and flexible which makes them very easy to use. Also they have a large hole at the top. So storage is very easy. And the designs are fabulous. So is the size at 6.5" x 6.5". I have always loved stencils, from my college days when we used to hand cut them out of plastic sheets. Here are my cards.



I started with two pieces of colored cardstock, one green and one blue. I used a beautiful ink layering  technique by Jennifer McGuire to create my panels. You can find the video tutorial here. I used the white pigment ink from the Colorbox Paintbox pigment ink pad set first and then used the Artistry distress inks Amazon Trails and Ocean Reef. Here is a closer look at the cards.



The cardstock was pale blue. I sponged the white ink first and then moved the stencil up slightly. Then sponged the blue ink. Here is a close up of the panel.



I used the Arrow stencil (CS-STNL-06) and the sentiment from the Lotus stamp set (ST-FLW-09) designed by me.

Here is the second card



I used a light green cardstock for this card. Here is a closer look at the panel.



I used the Victorian stencil (CS-STNL-07) and the sentiment from the Lotus stamp set (ST-FLW-09) again.

The sentiment panels were cut using the Gina Marie X stitched circle dies. I used Memento dewdrop inks to stamp the sentiments using my trusty Stampaholic.

Hope you like my cards. Please do check out the Craftyscrappers blog for more amazing inspiration.

Love,
Nandini

1 comment: