Saturday, August 9, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps: Day 1 - Faux Watercolor Stamping

Hi! I am participating in the Stretch Your Stamps 2 online class. It is absolutely fantastic! So a quick post on the card I made using the Faux Watercolor Stamping technique demonstrated so beautifully by Shari Carroll.

Here is a close up.

I was in two minds before registering for this class, as I do not have too many stamps. But the introductory video by Jennifer Mcguire really convinced me as she made it clear that it was perfectly OK to use the stamps that we already have. That is a big reason why I appreciate her so much. She always gives alternatives to what ever she is using.

As I do not have ANY background or reverse background stamps at all, I just ended up making my own! Here is a pic:

And it worked out so well, that I am planning to make more!

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Fusion Card Challenge - The Beach House
I used both the sketch and the inspiration photo.


AAA Cards: Game #14 - Play


Time Out Challenge #11 - Celebration with optional twist of butterflies

Shopping Our Stash: SOS #163 - Splish Splash
I used my mister to spray water on the stamp before stamping.

STAMPlorations August 2014 Challenge - Stamps & Die cuts
The butterflies are stamped and heat embossed and then cut with the co-ordinating die

Thats all for now. Will be back soon with another card I made.

Love,
Nan



21 comments:

  1. That is so nice! LOVE the effect. So glad you could play along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gentle subtle colours in your background. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a neat technique! And you made those "stamps"? How did you make those if I may ask? Thanks so much fom sharing the card with us. Cheers, Victoria Lavender AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! The stamps are pretty easy to make. I just die cut several from craft foam and attached them to a piece of sun board with adhesive tape.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful soft muted design and coloring! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so Pretty m what impressed me more was your Home made stamps ..fab Job Nandini !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful design! Love the soft muted colors. So glad you could join us at both Time Out and Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO lovely and soft!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION, sure hope that you are inspired to join us again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely lovely!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Splish Splash" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm taking the class too and love all the great information and samples the girls provide! Your card is so lovely! Love the soft muted colors! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so wonderfully soft. What a great idea to make your own stamps, they look fab, well done! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month. Good Luck! Monika DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your soft background. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete