Monday, June 30, 2014

Stamping and misting...

Hi! The current challenge at Beyond Grey Challenges is Stamping on Fabric and Misting. I was very excited because this was an opportunity to try my hand at something new. Since this was a month long challenge, I thought I would have plenty of time to get my entries ready. Alas, life intruded in the form of kids' illness, schools etc. And finally here I am, at the last moment, posting my entries!

My first entry is in the layouts category.


I was very inspired by a layout created by Corrie J, thanks dear. You can check out her great tutorial here

I made the mist myself by mixing some water and acrylic shimmer paint by Hobby Ideas. It is not visible in the pics, but there is a lovely shimmer to the misting. Using masks and mini mister, I created a radiating pattern.



I created the butterflies by stamping on various fabrics with Versamark ink and then embossing with gold embossing powder. I cut the butterflies out using the co-ordinating die.

Here is another look at the butterfly.


All the fabrics are backed by fusible paper canvas to give it some stiffness.



The pic is a selfie clicked by my husband that I absolutely love! The paper doily was dipped in coffee to give it a slightly aged look. The sentiment is computer generated. Two Cheery Lynn Flourishes and some pearls completed the layout.

Entering this in BGC #53 - Stamping and Misting.

I have been trying hard to get into scrap booking for sometime. I find layering very difficult since my style is very definitely CAS. I am quite pleased with the finished project. Though it still looks very CAS to me! Would really love to hear what you think about my effort from you.

Love, 
Nan

4 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful LO ..Especially loved the stencilled background and the way you have created those fabric butterflies ..I can see you have used a lot of techniques here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo clever !!! I really love how u used the fabric for making the butterflies !
    And super amazing work with the embossing too !
    Thanks for playing with us in the BGC june challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the fabric burrerflies, Nandini! I'm impressed.
    thank you for playing along with us at BGC last month!

    ReplyDelete